How Membership Works
By becoming an ABN member today, your membership will be effective from now until 12/31/19. New members can join in July for 50% off with code JULMEM.
Membership is based on a calendar year (expires December 31) and is renewable in the fall. ABN member benefits are available to an unlimited number of your staff, board members, and volunteers.
There are three types of membership:
Nonprofit Member: Must be a 501(c) organization; member benefits are available to an unlimited number of the organization's staff, board members, and volunteers (based on budget size, see below)
Individual Member: Open to individuals who have a personal or professional interest in the nonprofit sector but are not currently employed by a nonprofit organization ($100/year)
Student Member: Open to individuals enrolled in a higher education institution ($25/year)
Watch a Video on How to Register for ABN Membership
Get the Membership Flyer
Annual dues are based on budget* size:
- Under 50K: $100
- 50k - 99k: $200
- 100k-249k: $300
- 250k - 499k: $400
- 500k - 999k: $800
- Over 1m: $1,000
*According to line 18 on Form 990 or line 17 on Form 990-EZ for the most recent fiscal year.
View the Full ABN Membership Policy
Create a Sub-Account
Is your organization an ABN member? Be sure to create an individual account on the ABN website to access all of your member benefits and register for trainings and events at the discounted member rate. Register for an account by clicking on your organization's name located HERE.
* Free member access to GrantStation, an online database that identifies potential grant funding sources and provides resources to guide your organization through the grantseeking process (up to a $699 value)
* Priority access to free legal services through the UT College of Law’s Community Economic Development Clinic
* Access to special discounted rates for Virtual Financial Office packages provided by Lawhorn CPA Group, LLC (financial and accounting services)
*Air public service announcements on Community Television of Knoxville (CTV) for FREE!
* Complimentary online organizational assessment with a one-hour consultation (non-member rate: $500)
* Ability to post job openings on ABN’s Career Center job board free of charge (non-member rate: $150 per post)
* Use of The Regas Building training and meeting center, with four hours of free rental space per year, then 60% off hourly rates
* Eligibility to participate in ABN's executive director mentorship program
* Invitations to free, members-only workshops, panel discussions, roundtables, and networking events
* Free and confidential support from ABN staff - call us!
* Access to our library with valuable tools, templates, and other resources specific to the nonprofit sector
* Exclusive access to our free Equipment & Supplies Donations Forum
* Ability to post openings for board member positions in our online forum, The Board Room, free of charge (non-member rate: $150 per post)
* 75% off ABN Trainings (up to $300 in savings per class)
* Reduced cost for annual conferences and special events
* Discounted ABN Consulting fees ($100 discount per hour)
Renew Your Membership
Already an ABN Member? Want to renew your ABN membership for 2019? It's easy! Simply log in to your admin account and click the "Renew Your Membership Now" banner on the Manage Profile page. Need help? Contact us at email@example.com or 865-313-2077.