Questions? Contact Chase Whitmire, Director of Membership Development, at email@example.com.
How Membership Works
There are three types of membership:
Nonprofit Member: Must be a 501(c) organization; member benefits are available to an unlimited number of the organization's staff, board members, and volunteers (based on budget size, see below)
Individual Member: Open to individuals who have a personal or professional interest in the nonprofit sector but are not currently employed by a nonprofit organization ($100/year)
Student Member: Open to individuals enrolled in a higher education institution ($25/year)
Watch a Video on How to Register for ABN Membership
Annual dues are based on budget* size:
- Under 50K: $100
- 50k - 99k: $200
- 100k-249k: $300
- 250k - 499k: $400
- 500k - 999k: $800
- Over 1m: $1,000
*According to line 18 on Form 990 or line 17 on Form 990-EZ for the most recent fiscal year.
* Access to Aetna Funding Advantage Health Care Plan - save on health benefits for your nonprofit
* On-Demand Learning Library - New trainings added weekly
* Access to our free library with valuable tools, templates, webinars, and other resources specific to the nonprofit sector
* Free member access to GrantStation, an online database that identifies potential grant funding sources and provides resources to guide your organization through the grantseeking process (up to a $699 value)
* Invitations to free, members-only workshops, panel discussions, roundtables, and networking events
* Priority access to free legal services through the UT College of Law’s Community Economic Development Clinic
* Access to special discounted rates for Virtual Financial Office packages provided by Lawhorn CPA Group, LLC (financial and accounting services)
*Air public service announcements on Community Television of Knoxville (CTV) for FREE!
* NEW, shorter online organizational assessment with a one-hour consultation (non-member rate: $500)
* Ability to post job openings on ABN’s Career Center job board free of charge (non-member rate: $150 per post)
* Use of The Regas Building training and meeting center, with four hours of free rental space per year, then 60% off hourly rates
* Exclusive access to free in-kind donations, grant announcements, special resources, and more in our members-only Facebook Group
* Eligibility to participate in ABN's executive director mentorship program
* Free and confidential support from ABN staff - call us!* Ability to post openings for board member positions in our online forum, The Board Room, free of charge (non-member rate: $150 per post)
* Significant discounts on ABN Trainings (up to $300 in savings per class)
* Reduced cost for annual conferences and special events
* Discounted ABN Consulting fees ($100 discount per hour)
* Receive the discounted member rate for trainings and events at three other nonprofit resource centers across the state: Center for Nonprofit Management (Nashville), Venture Forward (Chattanooga), and Momentum Nonprofit Partners (Memphis). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount codes!