OnBoard Governance Certificate Program
The Alliance for Better Nonprofits’ OnBoard Governance Certificate Program prepares high-potential professionals for service on nonprofit boards and introduces them to organizations that would benefit from their involvement. Participants gain insights about the region and the nonprofits seeking to improve it and learn what is required for sound board-level thinking and oversight.
The program starts on August 16th and each of the six training sessions will take place virtually via Zoom on Tuesdays from 11:30am-1pm. Tuition is $500 per person. At the end of the program, an inventory of participants’ personal skills and interests will be taken and participants will be matched with local nonprofits looking for qualified board members.
Employers: Sponsor your employees to attend this important program! Benefits for employers include:
- Connecting your emerging leaders with a network of other high-potential, mid-career professionals
- Retaining your talent by deepening their engagement to our region
- Increasing your visibility as a corporate supporter of leading nonprofits
- Developing board-level thinking among your next generation of leadership
“I enjoyed learning the ‘behind the scenes’ of operating a nonprofit. Great content, and very useful framework for contributing strategically.”
“I learned so many different things that will help me even if I never even get the chance to serve on a nonprofit board (but of course I do plan on supporting and serving on nonprofit boards and committees for many years).”
“I’m now engaged in ongoing discussions with two nonprofits about how I can help on committees or become a board member. I’m excited to put what I learned to use.”
“Dealt directly with the real issues facing boards and practical training to make an immediate impact. Case studies and group discussions were effective.”
“I enjoyed the case studies the most because they provided insight on how different nonprofits are run. The discussions during the sessions were great as well because we were able to dig into each of the case studies and collaborate about their strategies.”
Questions? Contact Tiffani Mensch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesdays from 11:30am to 1pm on Zoom.
- August 18: Understanding Nonprofits & Board Basics
- August 30: Strategic Planning & Program Evaluation
- September 13: Leadership & Management
- September 27: Fundraising & Financials
- October 11: Board Governance & Development
- October 25: Finding Your Place to Serve / Graduation (In Person, Location TBD)