Tuesday, May 1st, 2018
The Regas Building, Knoxville, TN
The 2017 ABN Fundraising Conference is designed to bring together all levels of nonprofit staff, board members, and volunteers to learn about important tips, trends, and issues related to fundraising and philanthropy.
Discover the tools you need to take your organization to the next level!
This one-day event features national speakers, best-in-class workshop facilitators, expert panelists, networking opportunities, mini consulting sessions, and more.
ABN MEMBER RATES
EARLY BIRD: $135 per attendee
After 8/15/17: $160 per attendee
After 9/15/17: $185 per attendee
EARLY BIRD: $435 per attendee
After 8/15/17: $460 per attendee
After 9/15/17: $485 per attendee
Send 3+ employees and receive the member rate!
Breakout Sessions (Choose one from each session.)
- It’s Not What You Ask For, It’s How You Ask for It: Key Elements of Making the Ask - Michelle Kiely, CFRE, Knoxville Chamber
- Connect with Your Audience Using Storytelling - Justice Gary R. Wade, Dean of Lincoln Memorial University
- Developing Grant Budgets - Terrence Carter, University of Tennessee and Knoxville Area Urban League
- Four Points of Donor Relations and Stewardship - Holly Kizer, Avery Howard, and Brittany Fowler, University of Tennessee Alumni Office
- Making the Case for Your Organization - Kim Lauth, CFRE, ABN Trainer and Consultant
- Think Like a Grant Reviewer - Sara Baker, ABN Trainer and Consultant
- Moves Management, Money, and More! Q&A With Fundraising Expert Jack Williams - Facilitated by Dr. Jerry Askew, Alliance for Better Nonprofits
- Winning Relational Sponsorships - Angie Wilson, Visit Knoxville
- Be a Grant Reviewer (Bring Your Grant Proposal!) - Sara Baker, ABN Trainer and Consultant
dr. wylecia wiggs harris
CEO of the American Health Information Management Association and Past President of the League of Women Voters of the United States
Dr. Wylecia Wiggs Harris recently joined the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) as CEO after serving as CEO of the League of Women Voters of the United States (LWVUS) and the League of Women Voters Education Fund. While at the LWVUS, Dr. Harris was responsible for enlivening the national organization. Working with her board of directors, she created and led an organizational transformation strategy to increase the impact, relevance, and visibility of the LWVUS and its 700Dr. + affiliates. Prior to her work at LWVUS, Dr. Harris held senior executive positions at the American Nurses Association, was executive director of the Center for American Nurses, and executive director of the Maryland-based Sister to Sister Foundation—a national organization supporting women’s health issues and heart disease education. Dr. Harris also served as senior vice president and executive director at the American Heart Association.
Dr. Harris holds a Ph.D. in organizational development from Capella University; a master of management degree from Northwestern University; and both a bachelor and honorary doctor of humane letters degree from Wittenberg University. She is an ASAE-certified executive director and certified facilitator for leadership assessments through the Center for Creative Leadership.
download the flyer
Are you a business owner? Make a name for yourself in the nonprofit community by promoting and showcasing your business to nonprofit leaders at the 2017 ABN Board Excellence Conference!
Download the Sponsor Registration Packet